Its that time of year where its hot! Here in the south we are use to hot weather, but I’ve been seeing triple digit temps in the states north of us!
So what’s a girl supposed to keep in her purse this summer in all this icky hot weather? Essential Oils of course!
Peppermint is the #1 most important oil to keep in your purse at all times, but the usefulness of this oil during the summer is multiplied by how many digits are on that thermometer!
- Barbecue giving you heartburn or indigestion? Here we add a couple drops to our water or iced tea and sip.
- Sweating in all this heat? A few drops of peppermint in about a cup of water added to a spray bottle. Spray the back of your neck and instant cooling sensation! Ahh!
- Traveling at night and need to stay alert? Add a drop of peppermint to a napkin and stick it in your a/c vent. Better than coffee!
- Headache from being out in the sun? Add a drop of peppermint to your temples! Cooling and pain relief are almost instant!
Lavender oil is the 2nd most important oil that I keep in my purse. The uses for Lavender are almost as numerous as Peppermint. This is such a versatile oil, that I keep more than one!
- Sunburn from all the time by the pool? Fill a spritz bottle with water and 20 drops of lavender oil. Spray onto sunburned area for cooling and healing.
- Did that firework just burn you? Young Living lavender oil can be put directly on burns or open wounds! It promotes healing and kills bacteria.
- Cranky kids from playing in the pool too much? A drop of lavender on the bottom of the feet helps promote naps!
Purification is an oil that I don’t use as much during winter months, but it is certainly within arms reach during the warmer months of the year. That’s why purification is the 3rd most important oil to keep in your purse this summer.
- Mosquitoes swarming your family? Take 20 drops of Purification oil plus 10 drops of Peppermint oil in a small spray bottle and fill with water. Spray this bottle liberally on your person and around where mosquitoes are swarming to deter the little buggers.
- Bug bites really….bite! A drop of Purification oil helps take the sting, swelling and itching out of bug bites! This oil works amazingly fast!
- Fleas on your dog? Add a drop of purification to your hands and rub over their coats while you are outside. You don’t want the fleas to invade your home! (note: Purification is not to be used on cats because it contains Melaleuca oil which is not safe for felines.)
These are only a few uses of each of these three very important oils that you should keep on hand this summer. To learn more about how to use essential oils be sure to get this free report!