I realized this week that not having a menu planned really had put my nutrition on the back burner (not that it was that great in the first place).
So this week I’m looking at some other menus and trying to put together something that’s easy and has enough leftover’s for lunch the next day. I’ve come to realize that there are too many days that my kids aren’t eating enough at school, and come home starving. I think I can do better with taste and nutrition when it comes to lunch that the school does, by far.
So in no particular order these are some meals I’ll be cooking this week. I don’t have a particular day, because here it always gets changed anyways.
- A large batch of grilled chicken to be used for salads, fajitas and much more.
- Homemade Pizza and Calzones
- Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes
- Cheeseburger Boat with homemade bread
- Potato Soup with crusty homemade bread
- Vegetarian Night with roasted Brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and anything else the kids may choose that’s a veggie (or fruit)
- Spaghetti with homemade cheesy garlic bread
Now to get all of these recipes into my iPhone so that I don’t forget anything when I’m shopping. (LOVE this app btw!) MealBoard – Meal and Grocery Planner – Ray Bernardo